Organic Wheat-Berries Sprouting Seeds (Hard Red Spring variety)
Organic Wheat-Berries sprouting seeds have an incredible germination rate and sweet sprout tails. Hard Red Spring Organic Wheat is the best wheat for growing wheatgrass and sprouts: 7-10 days for wheatgrass, 2-3 days for wheat berry sprouts. They are used popularly to add to soups, sandwiches, and salads.
Storage: Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you’d like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they’ll last even longer!
All our sprouting seeds are certified organic and non-GMO.
- Wheat, sprouted: A good source of protein, vitamins C and B6, calcium, iron, magnesium, pantothenic acid, phosphorus, and amino acids.
- Wheat grass: Chlorophyll, Vitamins A, B, C, & E; minerals.
Directions for Sprouting
(As a short sprout only until the little white tail shows)
- SOAK – Put 3-5 tbsp. seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover jar with sprouting lid. Add water, swirl, and drain. Add 1 cup cool water and soak for about 6 hours.
- RINSE – Twice a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl, and drain. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a sink or bowl.
- ENJOY – Ready to eat in 2 to 3 days. Refrigerate to store. (Sprouts can be refrigerated for up to two weeks in a sealed container. Sprouts store best when they are fairly dry – do not store immediately after rinsing.)