Organic Speckled-Peas Microgreen & Sprouting Seeds
Organic Speckled-Peas microgreen seeds are particularly fine for pea shoot production. These tasty organic peas can be sprouted or grown into pea shoots. Pea Sprouts are great in salads and can be eaten shortly after they “pop” or grown on to their first or second set of true leaves.
Pea shoots, also known as pea microgreens, usually have very prominent root systems, which is why it is primarily grown in soil, or a good growing medium such as a Jute Microgreen Grow Mat. The roots like to burrow while taking hold so the shoots can start “shooting” up.
Storage: Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you’d like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they’ll last even longer!
All our sprouting seeds are certified organic and non-GMO.
- Rich in vitamins A, B, C and E.
- Also, rich in Calcium, Chlorophyll, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium. Amino Acids
Directions for Growing Speckled-Pea Shoots
With Soil or Jute Grow Mat:
- Place jute mat in a plastic tray like a microgreen growing tray with holes.
- Soak 1 to 2 layers of seed for about 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain well. Rinse or spritz twice a day for about 10 days. (You may harvest them earlier since the stems can become fibrous if grown too long.)
- Cut off shoots and use.
Jar Method (for short sprouts):
- Place seeds in jar with screen
- Soak seeds as per package directions.
- Drain well and invert in a bowl on counter at an angle for continuous drainage
- Rinse twice daily and invert after each rinse
- Grow until the little white tail (taproot) comes out