Organic Oriental Wasabi-Mustard Microgreen and Sprouting Seeds
Organic Oriental Wasabi-Mustard Microgreen and Sprouting seeds is an easy-to-grow superfood that can be grown indoors year-round. This tasty green brings snappy flavour to salad mixes, and stands up well to sweet dressings for contrast. As a microgreen, the seedlings’ cotyledons are large and flavourful — noticeable as a garnish for its zingy taste. Organic Oriental Wasabi-Mustard Microgreens are a source of protein and vitamins A, B6 and C.
Storage: Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you’d like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they’ll last even longer!
All our sprouting seeds are certified organic and non-GMO.
- A powerhouse of protein and a great source of vitamins A, B6, and C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc.
Growing Instructions for Microgreens
- Soak 1/4 cup of seed in cool water for 8-12 hours, Drain off soak water. Never Soak them again.
- Rinse and drain thoroughly with cool water every 8-12 hours – until your seeds have the tiniest root showing.
- Plant seed on thoroughly moistened medium, such as a Jute Grow Pad
- Cover your crop with another tray, or a plate – to keep light out and moisture in.
- Keep your medium moist by watering lightly as needed. Don’t drench!
- When your plants have begun to show leaves, remove cover and move your crop to a well lit location.
- Harvest when the leaves are open and an inch or three tall (day 8-12).
- Cut just above the medium, with a scissors or sharp knife.