Organic Kamut (Khorasan Wheat) Microgreen & Sprouting Seeds
Organic Kamut Microgreen & Sprouting Seeds come from one of the most beautiful and ancient large grains in the world that has not been changed through modern breeding programs. It has retained many desirable qualities that have likely been lost or changed through the intensive breeding programs that have significantly altered modern wheat. Kamut is prized for its nutrition, ease of digestibility, sweet nutty-buttery taste and firm texture. It is an excellent source of protein, fiber, and many vitamins and is high in minerals including selenium.
Also known as Khorasan Wheat, it is actually variety of wheat and has gluten. However, many people with sensitivities to modern wheat report being able to eat Kamut khorasan wheat with no difficulty and thus that it is an excellent alternative to modern wheat.
Storage: Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you’d like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they’ll last even longer!
All our sprouting seeds are certified organic and non-GMO.
- Similar to wheatgrass, Kamut is highly nutritious and contains Vitamins B, C and E Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus and Amino Acids
Growing Instructions for Kamut Microgreens
- Soak 1/4 cup of seed in cool water for 8-12 hours, Drain off soak water. Never Soak them again.
- Rinse and drain thoroughly with cool water every 8-12 hours – until your seeds have the tiniest root showing.
- Plant seed on thoroughly moistened medium, such as a Jute Grow Pad
- Cover your crop with another tray, or a plate – to keep light out and moisture in.
- Keep your medium moist by watering lightly as needed. Don’t drench!
- When your plants have begun to show leaves, remove cover and move your crop to a well lit location.
- Harvest when the leaves are open and an inch or three tall (day 8-12).
- Cut just above the medium, with a scissors or sharp knife.