Organic French-Green Lentils Sprouting Seeds
Organic French-Green Lentils sprouting seeds produce a very easy 3-day sprout! French green lentils are prized for their peppery flavor, and their firmness, even after cooking. Can be eaten as a snack or tossed on a salad or soup for a boost of protein.
The rich peppery flavor of French Green Lentils is due in part to the volcanic soils where they grow. Also known as puy lentils, french green lentils were originally grown in Puy, in southwest France. Today they are also grown in Italy and North America, but are still identified as “Puy lentils” or “lentils du Puy” because of their origins.
Storage: Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you’d like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they’ll last even longer!
All our sprouting seeds are certified organic and non-GMO.
- An excellent source of folate and manganese, and a good source of thiamin, iron, phosphorus, and copper. Good source of vitamins B & C.
- Soak: Put 3 to 6 Tbsp. seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover with mesh and secure with rubber band. Add water, swirl, and drain. Add 1 cup cool water and soak for 4 to 8 hours. Drain.
- Rinse: Twice a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl, and drain. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a sink or bowl.
- Yield: 1/2 cup of dry seed yields 2.5 cups of sprouts.
- Enjoy! Ready in 3 to 4 days. To keep fresh, refrigerate well-drained sprouts. Sprouts store best when fairly dry. Do not store immediately after rinsing.