Organic Curly-Cress Microgreen & Sprouting Seeds
These organic Curly-Cress microgreen seeds produce shoots with a strong peppery taste that mellows as they grow larger. Cress (sometimes called garden cress, garden pepper cress, pepperwort, or pepper grass) is a leafy annual herb from the Brassica family. The leaves and stems of this plant at the microgreen stage are crisp and succulent and high in water content, and the flavour is peppery. Add it to your salad or as a garnish on your grilled fish.
Storage: Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you’d like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they’ll last even longer!
All our sprouting seeds are certified organic and non-GMO.
- Curly cress is an important source of iron, folic acid, calcium, vitamins C, E and A. The seed contains arachidic and linoleic fatty acids.
- Spread seeds on thoroughly moistened medium such as a Jute Grow Mat.
- Cover your crop with another tray for 3-5 days – to keep light out and moisture in.
- Keep your medium moist by watering lightly as needed. Don’t drench!
- When your plants have begun to show leaves, remove cover and move your crop to a well lit location.
- Harvest when the leaves are open and an inch or three tall (day 5-14).
- Cut just above the medium, with a scissors or sharp knife.