Organic Crimson-Lentil Sprouting Seeds
These Organic Crimson-Lentil Sprouting Seeds produce beautiful salmon coloured sprouts. They make a nice snack when sprouted for about 3 days, or they can be sprouted and cooked. They are an attractive addition to salads.
Crimson lentils are known as masoor dal in India. Try sprouted crimson lentils in any recipe that calls for masoor dal! The plant likely originated in India, and lentils have been part of the human diet since ancient times, being one of the first crops domesticated in the Near East.
Storage: Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you’d like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they’ll last even longer!
All our sprouting seeds are certified organic and non-GMO.
- An excellent source of folate and manganese.
- A good source of thiamin, iron, phosphorus, and copper.
- Good source of vitamins B & C.
- SOAK – Put 1/2 cup of seeds in a wide mouth jar. Cover jar with sprouting lid. Add water, swirl, and drain. Refill jar with water and soak for 4 to 8 hours. Drain well.
- RINSE – Twice a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl, and drain. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a sink or bowl.
- YIELD – 1/2 cup of dry seed yields yields approx. 2.5 cups of sprouts.
- ENJOY – Ready to eat in 3 days. Refrigerate to store. (Sprouts can be refrigerated for up to two weeks in a sealed container. Sprouts store best when they are fairly dry – do not store immediately after rinsing.)
Suggested Sprouting Methods
- Wide mouth jar. Visit: Masontops Sceens Sprouting Lids
- Easy Sprouter, Visit: Easy Sprout Sprouter
- Using a sprouting tray