Organic Buckwheat Microgreen & Sprouting Seeds
Organic Buckwheat Microgreen Seeds in hull produce very tender thin shoots with cute, and outrageously tender leaves and attractive red tinged stems. The microgreens are often referred to as buckwheat lettuce for their fresh, lettuce-like flavour. They are packed with nutrition, containing all eight essential amino acids.
While many people think that buckwheat is a cereal grain, it is actually a fruit seed that is related to rhubarb and sorrel making it a suitable substitute for grains for people who are sensitive to wheat or other grains that contain protein glutens.
Storage: Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you’d like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they’ll last even longer!
All our sprouting seeds are certified organic and non-GMO. Compostable packaging is 100% plant film from non GE corn.
- Good source of vitamin B6, iron, calcium, magnesium, chlorophyll, and essential amino acids
Growing Instructions for Buckwheat Microgreens
- Soak 1/4 cup of seed in cool water for 8-12 hours, Drain off soak water. Never Soak them again.
- Rinse and drain thoroughly with cool water every 8-12 hours – until your seeds have the tiniest root showing.
- Plant seed on thoroughly moistened medium, such as a Jute Grow Pad
- Cover your crop with another tray, or a plate – to keep light out and moisture in.
- Keep your medium moist by watering lightly as needed. Don’t drench!
- When your plants have begun to show leaves, remove cover and move your crop to a well lit location.
- Harvest when the leaves are open and an inch or three tall (day 8-12).
- Cut just above the medium, with a scissors or sharp knife.