Organic Broccoli-Raab (Rapini) Sprouting & Microgreen Seeds
Organic Broccoli-Raab sprouting & microgreen seeds is not actually related to broccoli. It is however, closely related to turnips, which explains why the leaves look a lot like turnip greens. Broccoli Raab probably descends from a wild herb related to the turnip that grew either in China or the Mediterranean region. Broccoli Raab, also known as Rapini, is a common vegetable in the cuisines of Italy, Spain, and China.
Storage: Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you’d like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they’ll last even longer!
All our sprouting seeds are certified organic and non-GMO. Compostable packaging is 100% plant film from non GE corn.
- Rich in calcium, Vit. A & C, Chlorophyll, isothiocyanates.
- Lower in antioxidants than broccoli due to lower sulforaphane content.
Sprouting Directions for Organic Broccoli-Raab Sprouting Seeds
- SOAK 2 to 4 hours – Put 1-2 Tbsp. seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover jar with sprouting lid. Add water, swirl, and drain. Refill jar with water. Soak seeds 2 to 4 hours. Drain water well and invert jar at an angle in a sink or a bowl.
- RINSE twice a day – Rinse seeds by refilling jar with water and gently swirling. Drain well and invert jar.
- YIELD – 1 tbsp of dry seed yields approx. 1-2 cups of sprouts.
- ENJOY Ready to eat in 4-5 days – To keep fresh, refrigerate well drained sprouts. Sprouts store best when fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.