Organic Ancient-Eastern-Blend Sprouting Seeds
Organic Ancient-Eastern-Blend sprouting seeds is a beautiful mix of seeds that grow in three days. This popular blend contains Fenugreek, Lentils, Kamut & Adzuki beans. Each of these varieties have an ancient history: Fenugreek was discovered to have medicinal qualities thousands of years ago. Lentils are believed to have been consumed since prehistoric times. Legends say that Kamut, also known as Camel’s Tooth or Prophet’s Wheat was the grain Noah brought with him on the ark. Adzuki beans have a 2200 year history of cultivation in East Asia. Truly ancient blend!
Storage: Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you’d like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they’ll last even longer!
All our sprouting seeds are certified organic and non-GMO.
- Fenugreek: Vitamins B6 & C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc.
- Lentils: An excellent source of folate and manganese, and a good source of thiamin, iron, phosphorus, and copper.
- Adzuki Beans: Rich in protein, amino acids, iron, miacin, and calcium.
- Soak 6 to 12 hours – Put 4 Tbsp. or more seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover jar with sprouting lid. Add water, swirl, and drain. Refill jar with water. Soak seeds 6 to 12 hours. Drain well and invert jar at an angle in a sink or a bowl.
- Rinse twice a day – Rinse seeds by refilling jar halfway with water and gently swirling. Drain well and invert jar.
- Yield: 1/2 cup of dry seed yields approximately 2 cups of sprouts
- Enjoy! Ready to eat in 3 days – To keep fresh, refrigerate well-drained sprouts. Sprouts store best when fairly dry. Do not store immediately after rinsing.
Suggested Sprouting Methods
- Wide mouth jar. Visit: Masontops Sceens Sprouting Lids
- Easy Sprouter, Visit: Easy Sprout Sprouter
- Using a sprouting tray