Organic Alfalfa Sprouting Seeds
Organic Alfalfa sprouting seeds produce the familiar mild alfalfa sprout. Adding a handful of alfalfa sprouts to a sandwich brings crunchy texture, pleasing flavour, and a whopping amount of nutrient value as well. Alfalfa sprouts are very easy to grow, and they are ready to harvest after only four to five days. Because they are so familiar, alfalfa sprouts make a great introduction for families that want to integrate more sprouts into the routine.
Storage: Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you’d like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they’ll last even longer!
All our sprouting seeds are certified organic and non-GMO. Compostable packaging is 100% plant film from non GE corn.
- Vitamins: C, B6, Riboflavin, Folic acid, Protein, Thiamin, Pantothenic acid, Calcium, and Iron.
- Minerals: Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc, Copper, Manganese
- Alfalfa sprouts have a high antioxidant capacity and are high in phytoestrogens.
- Soak 4 to 8 hours – Put 1-2 Tbsp. seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover jar with sprouting lid. Rinse seed – add water, swirl, and drain. Refill jar with water. Soak seeds 4 to 8 hours. Drain water well and invert jar at an angle in a sink or a bowl.
- Rinse twice a day – Rinse seeds by refilling jar with water and gently swirling. Drain well and invert jar.
- Yield: 1 tbsp. dry seed yields 1.5 to 2 cups of sprouts.
- Enjoy! Ready to eat in 5 days – To keep fresh, refrigerate well-drained sprouts. Sprouts store best when fairly dry. Do not store immediately after rinsing.